The flavors just mesh so perfectly in this habanero hummus! My first experiment with habanero and rosemary was in my sweet and spicy white bean soup and it was a big hit. This new experiment resulted in an equally delicious versatile hummus. With bold flavors, this nutrient-dense dip will stand out at your next summer barbecue or Superbowl party spread!
Hummus Serving Suggestions
Hummus is a great way to add a little extra protein, fat, and flavor to meals and snacks to increase the satisfaction factor. If you are looking for a dip packed with flavor and nutrients to help fill you up, this quick hummus is perfect! Here are a few ideas for serving this habanero hummus:
- Use it as a dip for veggies, crackers, or pita chips
- Spread it on a sandwich
- Use it in a veggie-packed wrap
- Mix it with pasta or risotto as a creamy sauce
- Add a dollop to a salad or grain bowl
- Try it as an omelet topper
Habanero Hummus Variations
Looking for heat but apprehensive about the habanero? My spicy sweet potato hummus may be more your pace. Either of these recipes can be made with virtually any type of hot pepper, so use whatever you can find or already have on hand! Not a fan of spice at all? You wouldn’t survive in my house but, I have an easy roasted red pepper hummus for you that’s mild yet still incredibly flavorful!
Habanero Hummus Recipe
This hummus recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and vegan, so it works for a variety of dietary needs and is bound to be a hit all around! You can always adjust the type and amount of pepper used to dial the spice level up or down depending on who you’re cooking for.
Rosemary Habanero Hummus
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-1.5 habanero peppers
- 1.5 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of 2 lemon wedges
- 1/3 cup water
- Add all ingredients to food processor or high quality blender.
- Pulse for 30 seconds. Scrape edges with rubber spatula.
- Pulse an additional 30 seconds.
- If needed, add extra water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips, sliced peppers or add to meals as I suggested above. Enjoy!