Sheet pan recipes are taking over the blog world and for good reason! They not only make week night dinners much easier in terms of the cooking process, but also in terms of clean-up. You’ll just need to clean is the cutting board, knife, a bowl and the baking sheet. No pots or pans or multiple cookware items. All this without sacrificing flavor and satisfaction – especially with this sheet pan tofu stir fry dinner!
Plant Based Sheet Pan Meals
The majority of recipes I see made exclusively on a baking sheet are utilizing chicken or beef, with some using fish. Whether you’re a meat eater or not, I figured everyone could use a meatless sheet pan meal, too. It makes the food-safety type of clean-up a bit easier as well!
Including protein is important for a vegan sheet pan meal, so be sure to include a significant source. I find this is done most easily with tofu, as you see in this sheet pan tofu stir fry, or with tempeh. You might have already noticed I like stir fry meals over here, but in case you didn’t the other sheet pan recipe I have is a Sheet Pan Miso Ginger Tempeh. You’ll never get bored with stir fry night again!
Sheet Pan Tofu Stir Fry- The Easier Option
The problems I often hear others have with cooking tofu is either the texture, or it sticking to the pan. Not a problem in the oven! For this recipe, I grabbed some fall veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots and broccoli and paired them with onion & a bell pepper. I threw together an easy stir-fry sauce that you can pour over the veggies and tofu at once before setting in the oven. 25 minutes later, dinner is served, with the perfectly textured tofu that didn’t stick to the pan.
New to the whole sheet pan dinner concept? The Recipe Redux has you covered!
Click on the link at the end of this post for over 50 healthy sheet pan dinners!
Athlete tip: Boost quality carb intake and get a few extra grams of protein by serving this recipe over some buckwheat soba. It does involve boiling water in a pot, too, but soba cooks in just 3 minutes! You may want to make extra sauce for this preparation.
Sheet Pan Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 medium-large carrots (preferably rainbow), diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 3 small heads or 1 large head broccoli, or 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cayenne pepper, fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Drain tofu and lay in a dish towel to remove more moisture
- Chop all vegetables as indicated and place in a large bowl
- Whisk together the oil, coconut aminos, maple syrup and spices
- Chop the tofu into cubes (I slice mine so that there are 32-40 cubes per block)
- Add tofu to the vegetables before pouring the sauce overtop
- Stir well to coat
- Pour over 1 very large or two medium baking sheets
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, stir, and place back in the oven
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and let cook another 10-15 minutes depending on texture preferences